Sunday, November 2, 2014

Today I Met Death In The Face

Today I met death in the face.
Why. Why did I have to meet you again death?
I am sick of you coming into my life and taking what is mine.
I did not expect to meet you today, but you crashed the party.
Today you took a friend.
Ironically its on the day I have to write about you that you come.
The sadness and suffering I have seen today is to much to explain.
Do you do these things for fun?
Some people are to young. How can you feel justified taking them.
Death is hard. And life is hard.
Maybe what we don't realize is that death doesn't like his job.
Or death sees more than us here and knows that sometimes people need to go.
He sees the bigger picture and takes them to a better place.
But all we see is death carrying away the ones we love and call friend.
Death came to quick. I don't think anyone was ready.
Its left a hole in my heart and destruction all around.
Hunter.
I will miss you bud.  We haven't talked to much lately but I remember growing up.  All the fishing trips. Hahaha and the stupid Trek.  Playing Night games every night in those young summers, where we had no problems, I never thought it would come to this.  You ARE loved.  You ARE missed.  I know you are in a better place now and that the Lord is there helping you.  All your sorrows and trials are over and I want you to know we will miss you. 
Today I met death in the Face.
But as I looked death in the face, I knew you were in a better place.

Rest in piece Hunter.  You are loved.

3 comments:

  1. "Today I met death in the face. But as I looked death in the face, I knew you were in a better place" #stolen cause this decribes facing death perfectly:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. My condolences. :( "He sees the bigger picture and takes them to a better place." #stolen There's hope. There is ALWAYS hope. :)

    ReplyDelete